So I posted this once many months ago, but I watched it again today and was overwhelmed with conviction...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTc_FoELt8s
John Piper is an amazing teacher and this is a lesson that I need to be told, and told again, everyday. I put way way way too much emphasis on the things in my life. I measure how much God has "blessed" me by the amount of stuff I have to show for myself, or by the amount that I have accomplished in my life; The jobs and positions I've been offered. But when am I actually going to let GOD be the one to satisfy me; to measure the amount that I am blessed by my relationship with God and the way he is working in my life? I think I'm going to start my morning with this video for the next few days, and remind myself to be satisfied with the only thing that ever has, does, and is going to matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment