Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh love that will not let me go.


Gooood Morning!

This is exciting, I have never written on a blog before! I could say whatever my heart desires...the skies the limit! Haha, kidding. 

Well--this semester God has put something really simple on my heart--the phrase, "Return to Me" (not the movie, ha). I usually think that I have a strong relationship with Him, but if I am honest with myself, I spend less time with the Lord than I do with some acquaintances, the "randoms," if you will. But He is supposed to be my everything... not only my Savior, but my mother, my father, and my closest friend...a culmination of all other relationships in my life. He is truly all that can fill me and keep my satisfied. That sounds cheesy and maybe overly spiritual, but it is complete truth.  
 
When I think about coming back to God, I am reminded of this verse: 
          
"Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionateslow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity."  
Joel 2:13. 

God wants my heart--nothing else.  
I am also reminded of this hymn,"O Love that will not let me go." 

O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

O light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.


There's something about hymns that I just love. We often sing this at camp, and whenever I listen to it I think of a hundred kids standing in an old wooden chapel, raising their little hands, and singing with all their might. Picture this as you go throughout your day. 

God, in His great love, will not let me go. 

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, I had been feeling that same calling to return to Him since the beginning of the school year. I prayed a lot about it and somehow I just never gave Him the time He needed.
    ...Now I've got all the time in the world to give him :)

    ReplyDelete