Thursday, April 15, 2010

truth

Three months ago I could've given you all the right answers. I could've written about what a firm foundation God has been in my life and how I've experienced him in different ways since coming to college. And it would have been true - every word of it. I had faith in God, faith in people, and faith in myself.
It wasn't until I lost all faith but faith in God that I sincerely felt his spirit. The Bible warns us that people are going to fail. Sometimes I think we think it's kidding. I'm a failure and I'm okay with that. It is only from this perspective that I am able to judge the vast space between myself and God's glory. Only from down here am I able to truly appreciate what's way up there.
The love that I appreciate is the love that accepts me for the failure that I am and turns my mess into something beautiful.
And that love can only be given by one being.

No comments:

Post a Comment